The Institute for Childhood Education
Power of Relationships
Regular price $1.99
The most important ingredient in any early care and learning environment is the caregiver or teacher and the relationships that he/she develops with the children. This publication consists of 6 (8 1/2” X 11”) pages of information that includes:
- What do children learn through relationships?
- Characteristics of secure and insecure attachment
- The “dance” of attunement
- What an emotionally attuned teacher looks like
- Practical strategies for building relationships with young children
- The impact of chronic stress and fear on secure attachment relationships
- Why do friends matter?
- How to help children learn to resolve conflict
- Key friendship skills for all children